I Want OUT With My Builder!!!

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 20:12:15 -0800, "SteveB"

Steve
The guy is right out of a wanna-be experience. He never heard of Nick-The-Blade, from Philly or ever made/had A French Connection gangster mop the floor near his prison cell.
Gangsters don't worry me in the least bit...this guy is not a gangster. He needs a biotch slap!

When I worked at the Stardust Hotel in Vegas in 1968, a little guy walked by in a suit, a wool overcoat, and a hat. Cold air seemed to radiate from him. His eyes were beady and empty. He was about 70.
I asked my boss who was that? He said, "That's Ice Pick Willie Alderman. He was hitman and enforcer for the mob. He would kill people by stabbing them once in the ear with an ice pick."
I thought of him last night, and Googled up some old information on him and the history of Las Vegas and the boys. When I was a kid, my dad used to take us to Louis Weiner's house. Surprisingly, there were quite a few I had seen, worked for, parked their cars, or heard of in town. Several of them I did not know at the time they were hooked up. All nice guys that took care of the help and would spread cash around. Unless you stole or caused trouble.
Then you'd get a short consultation, and if that didn't straighten your ass up, there was step 2 where you learned the proper spelling of Guido.
Steve
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:39:19 -0800, "SteveB"

10-1, he carried the money back to Chicago:-)

I worked around Santo Trafficante Jr. http://www.onewal.com/w-traffi.html
He was indicted in Miami a had a jail visit :) Another, Nicky Scarfo enjoyed prison. I wish I had wrote all this down....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicodemo_Scarfo
Too many names to mention, but these were real Mafioso.

Maybe there's an alt.mafia.big.fan group you could post this stuff to - it'd be more on topic and of more interest to those folks.
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 14:05:54 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
Case closed. I stand correctd, thanks!

Maybe you could just blow it out your ass, kill file me, or learn to use your up and down keys? I really don't care which. I mean to click into a header like Mafia Leader and kvetch about the contents clearly shows your IQ.
You seem to follow me like mosquitos. What's your obsession?
Looks like there's a couple of folks interested here, and the ones who aren't have learned to use their up and down keys.
Unlike some people.
Know whut uh mean, Vern?
Happens Oren and I are both from Vegas, and banter about home town stuff.
Steve
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 15:36:34 -0800, "SteveB"

What I was not getting across, was the guy - calling himself "Mafia Leader" should not be giving advice in the circumstance of getting out with the builder.
Now it's off topic!
Look at another thread how the OP is slashed and called "whatever"!

Wouldn't know. I have a one strike rule with some people. He was killfiled after his first post. So, I don't see what he's said or any new postings. We just got talking about the old days and mobsters.
I agree with him spewing what he'd do. All the best fighters and meanest people I ever saw didn't talk much. And when they got real quiet, you knew it was time to find a corner.
Steve
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 16:34:03 -0800, "SteveB"

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair Subject: Re: How to remove burned bark? Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 13:28:02 -0600
....The quite ones are the dangerous ones..walk softly and carry a BIG stick!

I worked as parking attendant at the Stardust from '68-'70 when I went to The Dunes. One of my first graveyard shifts, this big guy walks out about 8 AM with two security guards. Trench coat, over six foot, about 300#, fedora hat. He's carrying a brief case. All three of them look like they are going to their Mom's funeral they're so somber. I ask, "Can I help you?" (hustling cabs for tips) The security guard politely says, "No thanks, We'll take care of this."
They put him in a cab. The security guard comes over to me and says, "You must be new here, huh?"
"Yeah" I say.
So he tells me whenever I see someone being escorted by two security guards, to just back off. It's either a high roller who's carrying cash, a drunk that they're sending home, or someone I don't need to know about.
Very nice tone. Very very understandable.
I later found out that he was the bag man who went and got on a plane back to Kansas City or Chicago, wherever the brief case was going that day. He was running the skim from the count room to the boys back east.
Another funny thing on cabs were the wrestlers. Local hoopla would have Amazing Ace saying he was going to tear the face off of Fearless Fred and use it for toilet paper. Funny thing, though, they would come to the hotel in the same cab from the airport and leave in the same cab when their bout was through.
Steve
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 20:12:15 -0800, "SteveB"

You must be the same dumb fuck english teacher my daughter had for fourth or fifth grade. He made me take off of work to meet with him. This was because he had to tell me my daughter was retarded because as he put it "by now she should have learned how to correctly spell her first name". When I asked how she spelled it, he showed me her paper signed JAYNE. He insisted it was spelled JANE. After I showed him her birth certificate, in which it's spelled Jayne (how we intended it), he told me that we made a mistake and need to have this corrected. I corrected him after I complained to the school board, and he was suddenly replaced about a week later.
John
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 13:22:08 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

A good thing she was not named Vaginita!

I saw two hours of interviews with this guy the other night. If you didn't know who he was, you would have no idea of what he did for a living. And if you did realize who it was, it would be too late. THE most chilling interview with an evil mind I have ever seen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski
And he described how he got the drop on people he was about to kill, them being oblivious as to who he was. Or what he was about to do.
Steve
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 19:32:04 -0800, "SteveB"

My most chilling experience was having to walk among these people for thirty years. Your link sounds like a light-weight!
Retired LEO.. 30 years around 8 prisons will teach a person many things. Some folks are not capable of functioning in society...period!

They plot... Shoot or apprehend:)
snipped-for-privacy@Mafia.net wrote:
Merciful snippage

Guido, you fool. Guido.
If you are going to toll or make even a feeble attempt at humor, learn to spell.

He charged a toll for this? :)

Now, THAT'S funny!
Steve
................ At this point, I'm going to try to take the high road and calmly express to the contractor that it's not working out (which will come as no surprise for him) and see if he'll refund the money I've given him so far, minus a fair amount for the work he's performed to date. If I have to, I'll explain to him that I'll get the money back eventually...either the easy way (a refund), or the hard way (through legal action)..............
I meant to suggest earlier that you not tell him you'll get the money either way (the easy way or the hard way). You really don't know where you stand with this and won't know until an attorney reads whatever contract you have, knows the exact facts and circumstances, etc. So, it's not good to try to make that statement -- that you'll get the money either way. If anything, you could probably mention that you would rather just work things out between you and move on rather than having it all get more complicated and end up costing both parties a lot more in time, money, and aggravation. That's not the same as saying you'll win, but it is a way of saying it will be easier for everyone if you could just work out a way to resolve it between the two of you.

Based on the very limited information, the above sounds like good advice.
I'm not even sure if the orginal post is for real. It's hard to imagine anyone expecting a decent answer with so little information given, especially exactly what they meen beyone just saying incompetent and difficult to work with. In a court of law, you aren't going to prevail with "difficult to work with", unless that means they haven't shown up for months.
If they are really incompetent and the work does not meet a reasonable standard of workmanship, and the contractor refuses to correct it, then you have grounds for getting out of the contract. Of course the troubling part is where it's said the OP needs to get most of their money back. That would indicate that the contractor was paid way too much in advance. Even with a court judgement, you often can't collect because shyster type contractors make sure they are judgement proof.