I need to cut a chain

Page 1 of 2
I am putting up a swing set for the kids. I need to cut the chain. My neighbor said I have to rent a chainsaw. Is this necessary or can I cut it with a hand tool? Renting a chainsaw would cost more than the whole swing did.
snipped-for-privacy@NOTmail.com wrote:

You have a good neighbor. Be nice to him. "Tool rental" in the yellow pages. Good luck.
G Henslee wrote:

A "chainsaw" isn't a saw to cut chain... :(
What you need is simply an appropriately sized bar cutter--the long-handled jobbies.
Depending on what kind of chain you have, it may be possible to simply cut it w/ a hacksaw. I'd measure where you need it cut and run down to the local hardware store and go to the chain section and use theirs to cut it if I didn't have one of my own. If they're one of the chain franchises they may bitch a little and make you let them and charge a nominal fee, but can't imagine more than $0.50/cut at the absolute most...
Duane Bozarth wrote:

I hate to say this Duane but you've joined the list of other morons in this thread who've answered this troll thinking it was a serious question.
It's the same troll using newdawg that posts a lot of other off-beat subjects.

Mental Health Services Hensleeeyy, in the yellow pages. Luck to you too kaner!
Poop wrote:

Most people quit making up their own words when they get out of diapers. So, how's the Depends working out forya, you old shitass?

You can buy a cheap o pair of bolt cutters at Harbor Freight, or maybe Home depot. You will need them again sometime, and once you have some, you will be amazed at how many times you will use it.
I got a set from a police auction of confiscated evidence. They are 43" long. I got them for $20. They are American made, MCC True Craft. I also have two smaller pair. When I want to cut something big, just get that big bad boy out, and POINK!
A good pair of bolt cutters is a good tool to have.
Steve
StumpStoopid wrote:

Hook - line and sinker. The troll snags another one! No wonder you're pissed. And then take it out on me. Wah. What a puss.

I'll sure be glad when school starts again and you have something else to do all day.
Although the OP may have been a troll, the suggestion about having a pair of bolt cutters around is a good one. After all, this is a group about home repair, right?
What?
You don't know?
Oy, vei.
Steve, who keeps plonking you, but your sorry ass just keeps coming through.
SteveB wrote:
> Steve, who keeps plonking you, but your sorry ass > just keeps coming through.
Somebody has to be here to throw the little red ball to you fido.

Can anyone help me? I have hit the "Block Sender" on this guy a dozen times, yet he still slithers through. What am I doing wrong? Or does he have some sort of cyber voodoo that keeps him from being plonked?
He is a real idiot, and I would just like to be rid of him.
Any help appreciated.
Steve
On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:12:22 -0700, SteveB wrote:

Yeah, use a real newsreader application. Outhouse Excuse is the sorriest example of virus-riddled crap ever made.

Anyone who uses Outhouse Excuse as a newsreader would also have to be placed in the Idiot category.

HTH.
Linux Registered User #327951
Dan C wrote:

Yep. Cyber voodoo. That's it.

How about use a little backbone and just not read the posts. duh...
SteveBStoopid bawled and squealed:
> "Mommy mommy, billy's throwing up and bobby's getting all the big > pieces!"
What a dope.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

C & M wrote:

Hook - line and sinker. Typical top poster.

Typical kaner; no brains, no worth, nothing useful to say, unemployed, drugged, and a hate-on for the entire world. Yup, a kaner fer shure!
Pop wrote:

My aren't we bitter today Poop. Glad to see I've gotten to you ya old goat's ass.

And yet you bawl and squeal when another trolls? At least the OP had a sense of humor. A chainsaw to cut a chain. Get it?
No?
Figgers.
Steve