I'm Pissed Off

Page 3 of 3
On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 01:35:38 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@notmail.com wrote:
[snip]

You can do that now, it's just limited to ONE channel. A multichannel setup would be quite expensive, and probably not worth it.

Mark Lloyd
On Nov 7, 7:14 am, snipped-for-privacy@notmail.com wrote:

This set is very worthy of restoration, if you really want to do it, you will.
Post it here and get an evaluation:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.antiques.radio+phono/topics
BTW you can always get an RF modulator and go into channel 3 or 4, considering how dirty the old tuner probably is, this would be an added bonus to not have to use the original tuner. The picture tube could also be going dim and you will have a hard time finding a new pix tube, you might find one of those in-line "brighteners" but those will shorten any last life in the pix tube electron gun. Most all of the other parts are readily available or have substitutes.
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 21:13:51 -0800, RickH

Thanks
I like that site. Lots of interesting stuff.
The picture tube on this set was always good. The tuner was flakey, I think thats the most common problem on all older sets. I have sprayed it several times already. I guess when a picture tube goes, it's over for most tvs. I remember having a color set in the 60's who's pic tube died. I saved the chassis always hoping to find a replacement tube. I just pulled the small tubes and threw that chassis in the trash a couple years ago. The old color tvs were really expensive and were worth fixing, but no longer. Only the real antiques, like my old Zenith are worth the effort now.