I have an oven problem.

I have a GE gas oven. The pilot light won't come on. It's not the kind with the pilot light on at all times. I think the pilot light is triggered electrically. Anyway, stove top works just fine. Just the oven pilot light will not work. Since the pilot light doesn't come on, there's no gas either.
Any recommendations?

Could be the igniter, a common cause. Check out the troubleshooting at www.repairclinic.com
ape shall not kill ape wrote:

Light it with a match.
--
Claude Hopper ? 3 :) 7/8

No, IIRC, If its like the older ones, there is a safety valve that has to heat up from the pilot to turn the gas on. Tony
Claude Hopper wrote:

If it's an electric pilot, the current must go through the pilot for it to turn on the gas. Usually the pilot or the gas solenoid is bad and both give the same symptoms since they are in series.
Tony
On Jul 16, 6:00pm, ape shall not kill ape

http://mikemerrittmotors.yuku.com/forums/9/t/Appliances-Small-and-Major.html
The appliguy is the GREATEST! He has walked me through two washing machine repairs for fraction of the cost of hiring someone.
He will help you. Get the brand and model no. and he will have the right answer for you.