I have a Westpointe tower/vertical Heater WRC 2605. I need advise.

This heater smells like it is burning and it has something dripping from it. don't know where it was bought . can't find an owners manual on the Internet. Is heater on a recall list? is it dangerous to run? can you tell me where I can find a user's guide or manual. Tried to find company on the internet no use.

*HELP Please*
Reply to
Mary T

Rather than take the risk of your whole house burning down.

Unplug it. Let it cool down.

Throw it out!

Reply to
philo

Mary-

Apparently you have a liquid-filled convection heater with a leak. It is supposed to be permanently sealed, so you may not be able to repair it.

It may or may not be dangerous to run, but using it without its liquid may eventually burn out the heating element. What you smell may be the heating element that is above the surface of the remaining liquid. If there is no obvious way to refill the liquid, I suggest you stop using it. If it is fairly new, you should contact the manufacturer to see if they will stand behind it.

I have two convection heaters from two different companies. They have worked well for several years with no leaks.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie