I got sick and tired.

About once a year I have to completely take apart my laptop to clean-out du st from the heat-sink. Now they could have just put in some kind of access panel where the heat-sink is so that I could just open it and clean it out or at least made the cooling fan so that it sucked air instead of blow so t hat I could clean the heat-sink from the side or at least made the housing of the cooling fan more open so that I could cut a hole under the housing o f my laptop to access the heat-sink from the side of the fan. NOOOOO they m ade it so that the only way to get to their damn heat-sink is to COMPLETELY take apart the G.D. laptop. Enough is enough, I got sick and tired of it, so I completely removed the cooling fan; I cut out the slats of the air ven t under where the fan was. I bought something called a “Chill Mat” whic h is a booster fan you normally place under the laptop for extra cooling. O nly cost me $20.00. I also got some weather stripping and some duct tape. I bordered the booster fan with duct tape and weather stripping so that all the air goes directly into the vent on the bottom of the laptop. Would you believe it my laptop is faster now that it is cooler and if I ever need to clean the heat-sink all I have to do is reach in from the vent and clean. So to all the laptop manufactures out there: F.U.
On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 15:38:21 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It has to have vents for the air to get in and out. Can't you just shove the nozzle from a can of "air" in there and blow it out?
On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 3:58:27 PM UTC-7, Ashton Crusher wrote:

[...]

NO, because it blows the dust INTO the computer where it doesn’t have any place to exit. That’s why I wished they would make the cooling fan suck air instead of blow so that the dust accumulated outside the heat-sink wher e I could blow it out.

You could try a vacuum at the same time you blow. ?
Greg
Would it kill you to use at least a couple of brain cells and make better use of the subject line?
On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 15:38:21 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote
sick and tired.:

Who is the laptop manufacturer?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

an with duct tape and weather stripping so that all the air goes directly into the vent on the bottom of the laptop. Would you believe it my laptop is faster now that it is cooler and if I ever need to clean the heat-sink all I have to do is reach in from the vent and clean. So to all the laptop manufactures out there: F.U.

Hi, I once had to take Lenovo laptop apart because cooling blower motor was seized. I replaced it. Dust problem is minimal in the house. 4 Laptops in the house. 3 Lenovo and one ASUS ROG monster laptop. So far I did not take any one apart to clean out the dust build-up.

The easier way is to use a compressor to blow air through. It's amazing the amount of dust that flies out of the exhaust.
Another way that works on some laptops is to use an application that forces the fan to run at top speed because this also results in a whirlwind of dust flying out. Then you can go back to letting the laptop automatically control the fan speed.