HVAC question on beer keg dispenser

I got a beer kegger for $10. It has room for one large keg, or four of the smaller Cornelius 5 gal kegs used by us home brewers. It is a cabinet style with a single head, catch tray with drain, and a water dispenser. I cranked it up, and it went down to 36F before I turned it off. The thing is definitely working. No strange noises.

I'd like to have it checked. I am going to clean out what I can clean out by removing the back plate, and vacuuming and spraying whatever crud I can get out.

There is a cover cap on one of the lines for servicing.

What would be a quick test to evaluate how this unit is working, and if it needs service at all? Plug it in, and see how fast it drops in internal temperature? And what would that figure be? Any other ideas?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Reply to
Steve B

If they ain't got it, you don't need it:

nb

Reply to
notbob