Hunter Douglas Blinds Broken

I have a house full of wooden Hunter Douglas blinds. One of them is broken. The cords that are used to change the tilt of the blinds don't work. I've tried taking the blind apart but can't figure out the mechanism, the problem seems to be inside a little box that the cords come out of. I was unable to get that little box open.

Unfortunately, we can't seem to find anyone who is willing to repair it for us. I misplaced the name and phone number of the guy who sold us the blinds 2 years ago, and nobody wants to repair a blind installed by someone else.

I suppose we could just replace that blind set.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Matt

Matt wrote: ...

I start w/ contacting manufacturer probably via the web site and find distributors/retailers in area. If that doesn't find somebody local, contact them more directly.

I've no experience w/ the particular blind, the old venetian blinds here can take the drive apart to re-cord. I've several that need it at the moment -- it's one of those "I _HATE_ doing that!" jobs, but isn't that difficult, I just don't like messing w/ 'em. Not that that's any help for you... :)

Don't know the name either, but if they are reasonably high-quality blinds, I'd surely expect there's some way to be able to re-cord them and repair so I'm back to contacting the manufacturer and go from there.

Reply to
dpb

Go to the manufacturers website, find a number for customer service, and call them up. 3 or 4 years ago, I had a similar problem with some

2" plastic pseudo-wood blinds bought from Home Depot. Used a rod for tilt control, not cords. Plastic gears were stripped. Couldn't find original receipt. Called manufacturer, they only asked 2 questions - model number, and how many gearboxes do you want. I added up the number of miniblinds in the house, added 1 for good measure, and had the parts in a week, no charge. 5 minute job to replace the gearbox. Just used the second replacement part last week.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Call Hunter Douglas.

I had cause to do so just a few weeks ago and their customer service people were fantastic. We worked through the model numbers and issues. Replacement parts were sent (free of charge). They arrived a few days later with instructions and installed within minutes. Exemplary service!

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar