HUMOR: New storm door installed

Page 1 of 2
It's only a door, but the owner had to start somewhere:
http://thereifixedit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/joed-stormdoor.jpg
That looks like Herman Munster's house. I have seen houses that didn't look much better with a new looking central air unit sitting beside them, and I'm sure everyone has seen them also with a nice shiny car/SUV in the driveway. Larry
Lp1331 1p1331 wrote:

Unfortunately that happens to naive homeowners. They're sold an air conditioning system for low monthly payments. Then when they miss a payment they face foreclosure.

The new caddy is in the garage.
ransley wrote:

With bling bling rims.
Jon

This is your house after paying for mandated Obamcare:

Joe
Joe wrote:

I think it may be more symbolic of Obamacare. They got the storm door after a one year wait and now need to wait another year to get a new roof. Oh wait, that is an old house so maybe under Obamacare it will only be eligible for a quick spray coat of thinned out big box quality paint...
George wrote:

I think you can get $4500 trade-in credit on a new house...
Or is that some other program? I forget.
Only if your new house is more energy efficient.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

This is your house after paying for mandated Obamcare:

Joe
===== No...this is your house after paying for your hospital stay. :-/
on 8/3/2009 7:57 AM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:

The lawn is nicely mown too!
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

And the riding mower looks new too! (way on the left side)
on 8/3/2009 3:09 PM (ET) Tony wrote the following:

Aha. A Cub Cadet I assume. I didn't see that.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

What you didn't see is the lack of "yard ornaments". Where are all the boats, cars, cement blocks, etc?
I would buy that house for a couple thousand dollars.
Oren wrote:

There was a very similar property in a nearby town. The owner had apparently inherited the place and didn't have or didn't want to spend the money to repair it but couldn't part with it for some reason. The neighbors kept on him to do something so he kept the grass neatly cut and free of the usual "lawn ornaments" for many many years. One day the roof simply fell in. The remains were removed a few days later.

Sad story. He should have sold the timber.
That ugly house has some real good lumber inside. For 2K I would still buy it.

Looks like a tiger in the attic window!

Nope, Anthony Perkins.

I'm surprised nobody has gone to the trouble of stapling garbage bags over the holes in the roof. The thing would probably collapse if somebody tried.

How .bout a Blue Bush roof?.