humidity in the baseman... advise

I live in Toronto, Canada. My home is 30 years old.

By baseman is basically dry, except for one corner (towards the backyard). There is always a bit of humidity, specially when rains or snow melting.

To solve the problem I added a patio (cement), but the problem continues.

Is just a bit damp, and I can see marks of previous rain seasons.

Thanks for any advise

Botticelli

Reply to
Botticeli

Watch on TV "Holmes on Homes" which often encounters damp basements. The usual answer is improved external drainage. In 30 years (a) original drains may have become clogged or blocked, (b) demand for drainage may have increased because of changing weather or building nearby.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

check external drains but then install a interior french drain, and end the problem permanetely

Reply to
hallerb

Even without leaks basements are usualy humid, concrete allows in ground moisture, get a dehumidifier

Reply to
ransley