HP LaserJet 2100TN: What is a fuser and would it be possible to fix?

Page 2 of 2

A 2100tn would be worth rebuilding the fuser on IF the fuser was the problem and you are handy enough to do the labour. The tube itself is cheap. A rebuilt fuser is only about $55 - $85.
I've bought the bare tubes for $30

I thought the fuser was the heater that melted the ink particles so they became liquid ink and stuck to the page. Tony seems to say the same thing.
When the fuser isn't working the ink comes out llike dust on the paper and you can shake it off or blow it off. When the fuser isn't working at all what you get looks like a blank sheet of paper. I sort of think it's not possible for the fuser to be working but not well so that it gives a light image.
When I had a laser photocopier, made around 1978, the thermostat on the fuser was broken, and like I said, it looked like the page had printed, but all the ink fell off when I took the paper out of the tray, or blew off when I blew on it.
I have a B&W laser printer and it's nice that there are no little holes to clog or dry out. And that if I don't use it for weeks or months, it's still the same.
Mine has two settings, light and regular. Maybe yours is set wrong. Mine has gotten a little lighter lately, but I haven't investigated it. After it wears out or when it needs more toner, I'll switch to my dentist's printer. It was out in the hall waiting for the janitor to throw it away when I came for an appointment a year or two ago. They said it worked fine, but they were upgrading the computer etc.
There is a whole printer newsgroup that was good last time I had a printer question. Oh, I see you included it, comp.periphs.printers .

most laserjets that I've had had software (or at least a control panel on the printer) to adjust all sorts of things. I'd suggest checking the control panel and also checking to see if there is still a downloadable driver/control software available
On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 20:43:16 -0700, Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds wrote:

This printer has only two buttons, and that's it! http://www.lbrty.com/tech/Manuals_HP/2100sm.pdf
Hello,
Somebody can help me how to fixing 21OO HP laserjet printer, I did a mistak e a took from the base of the printer a TRAY 2 PICKUP ROLLER, I should take just a part but I did all, I have small piece plastic black I do not know where to place please help me, I call to somebody fix they ask me for a lot money
On 02/05/14 05:34 pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Does this diagram help?
> http://www.printerworks.com/Catalogs/2100-Catalog/220_2100PaperTray2PickUp.html
Perce