How to use plastic retrofit boxes

I am using blue plastic retrofit boxes. Just to make sure...the tabs where the wire enters are pushed inward, the the wire is pushed through...right? Pulling the tabs outward would allow the wires to slip back through..

Am I correct?

Reply to
jimbob

Yes you are; though they work so poorly it doesn't much matter.

Reply to
Toller

True, they do suck. It's hard to get wires through wihout chewing them up.

Reply to
jimbob

Sounds like you understand how the fingers work. Just some tips:

  1. Only qualified personnel should ever do 'electrical' work.
  2. Plan out the project, this case a box, so you don't have to undo yourwork. I.E. Pull inserted cables back out.
  3. Becareful with the 'fingers' they do break.
  4. Take your time, I don't have big hands (neighter big feet :( ) but it get's crowded quickly inside those remodel boxes.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

Hmmm, Suck?, How come? Never had trouble when I used them for a project.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
jimbob