How to use plastic retrofit boxes

I am using blue plastic retrofit boxes. Just to make sure...the tabs where the wire enters are pushed inward, the the wire is pushed through...right? Pulling the tabs outward would allow the wires to slip back through..
Am I correct?

Yes you are; though they work so poorly it doesn't much matter.

True, they do suck. It's hard to get wires through wihout chewing them up.
jimbob wrote:

Hmmm, Suck?, How come? Never had trouble when I used them for a project.
Well, ok, they suck more when you do them wrong the first time and have to do them over, but that's my fault, but I think I prefer metal clamps better.
Tony Hwang wrote:

Sounds like you understand how the fingers work. Just some tips:
1. Only qualified personnel should ever do 'electrical' work. 2. Plan out the project, this case a box, so you don't have to undo yourwork. I.E. Pull inserted cables back out. 3. Becareful with the 'fingers' they do break. 4. Take your time, I don't have big hands (neighter big feet :( ) but it get's crowded quickly inside those remodel boxes.
later,
tom @ www.NoCostAds.com