How to temporarily remove baseboard radiator covers?

If anyone can help me with this one I will be very appreciative. I am in the process of removing old paneling from my finished basement and installing beadboard/wainscotting. The forced hot water baseboards were installed after the paneling. I am happy to remove/replace the baseboard covers (actually want something more in keeping with the new walls) but am having difficulty understanding how to remove the baseboard units without damaging the piping and fins. I can't even imagine how these things went together.
Any thoughts on where to go from here?
Thanks in advance for the input!
-Paul

Although yours may not be made by SlantFin, you might still find useful information here: www.slantfin.com
Paul,
The ones I have are nailed to the wall. Remove the end caps, face cover and dampers. Remove the nails. If you can't get at the nails, try taking a crow bar between the back cover and the wall or removing the heating element. Slide the pipe supports to the end and remove. Then you can slip the cover out. You might find that with the new covers that the fins will be too low or too high. Don't be surprise if you have to make some adjustments.
When they were installed, th back was nailed to the studs. The pipe with fins along with the supports were installed. The piping connections were made. Then the front cover, damper, and end caps were installed.