how to stop fence post from wiggling in cement block?

I removed an old fence post from its cement block and pounded in a new one. The new post is 16 inches deep into the old cement block but still wiggles a few mm on the top. What is the best way to tighten it up?
Is there something I can inject into the gap between the post and the cement block for this purpose?
peter wrote:

I can't believe you're worrying about *a few millimeters* of wiggle at the *top* of the post; why?
You could probably drive a few 12d or 16d galvanized finishing nails into the gap on two adjacent sides, using a nail set to get the heads flush with the concrete. That'd firm it up for the moment.
The swelling and shrinking of a wood post will probably never let you get it completely locked in.
Jeff (Who wishes he had the time to worry about "problems" as trivial as that one <G>)
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

I remember a post in woodworking NG about a guy who complained his table saw could not get his down accuracy to 1/16 of an inch.....he said he was hoping for 1/32! I'd settle for 1/8 myself.....don't worry about the fence post. Heck my fence moves a couple of inches....
Terry

saw
hoping
1/8"? Heck I get down to 1/64" on mine! Greg

try wedging some material inbetween the post and the concrete, on 3 sides.
Simpson make an epoxy injection system that goes with their steel fasteners. You could try and seal the gaps with epoxy.
You could also make some shims and drive them in the gaps.
Line posts shouldn't be set in concrete for this reason.

Go find a pile of sand...get yourself a five gallon plastic bucket...fill it up with sand...take it to that fence post and start spooning that sand into the hole surrounding the post...when you get enough sand in that gap between the post and the block you will know it...because the post will stop wiggling! You could also through loose soil into the gap and tamp it down as you pack it in...another neat trick is just buy yourself a bag of concrete mix at Home Depot and pour it into the gap between the post and the block hole...after it rains you will have concrete holding your post in place!
Regards,
Bill