How to start with construction of my dream house?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good resource to find contractors? I have been looking online and all I have seen are sites where you have to describe the job then wait to get called from a contractor or if I find a directory type of site there is a limited number of contractors in my area, but I know there are many more. I am trying to build my first house and I was planning on hiring all the contractors so I need a good resource to find them. Something with reviews and article would also be very beneficial, please let me know if anyone knows of a good place to look.
--
khengonzales

On Mar 20, 7:57am, khengonzales <khengonzales.

There was a recent thread on this topic that you might want to read:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_frm/thread/89edeabdd44f56db
On Mar 20, 7:57 am, khengonzales <khengonzales.

Just give all your money to a lawyer, then shoot yourself. -----
- gpsman
message

Didn't you ask this a couple of weeks back? You got plenty of answers then so why not elaborate on them?
Best of luck to you building your first house, its an adventure. I would recommend talking to your neighbors and friends and see if they know any contractors they worked with in the past. Since Im sure you already did that you should try http://www.jobtrio.com/ I found that they have a very easy to use search. They have the biggest list of contractors I have seen to date, plus you can write reviews and read their articles.
--
frederi