Noisy old heater

Hi,

I have a old forced-air, hot-water heating unit in the cellar, hanging on the ceiling. It's a Trane "model S" Unit Heater, about 2'x2'x1' in size, electric fan in the back of it.

The fan is really noisy, but motor seems in good shape otherwise.

What can I replace it with?

Are newer residential heaters of this type any quieter?

(This is a loud commercial unit, I guess, because the Trane website states these "units provide uniform heating for large open areas in such applications as warehouses, factories and showrooms.")

Reply to
Kalarama

Tried cleaning it real well?

Lou

Reply to
LouB

replace the fan motor, or the bearings in it. OR, rip it off and hang a breeze box fan up there.

Steve Barker

"Steve Barker" wrote

Thanks, I did think of doing that, those are much quieter.

Reply to
Kalarama

I'd like to take it down and haul it outside and blast some air through it....

Reply to
Kalarama

in

Reply to
Joe

JackimoToken had written this in response to

: Hey Kalarama,

I use a solar power heater hooked up to a modine hydronic unit heater and its pretty quiet.

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 346310 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
JackimoToken