How to seal glass fibers into fiberglass pole?

I bought a limb trimmer with a fiberglass pole. It's weathered and there are tiny fiberglass spikes sticking out all over. I tried to scrape them off, to no avail.
Think I need to paint it or something. What should I use?
Spiral wrap of electrical tape? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
I bought a limb trimmer with a fiberglass pole. It's weathered and there are tiny fiberglass spikes sticking out all over. I tried to scrape them off, to no avail.
Think I need to paint it or something. What should I use?

Duct &&&&
Greg
"mike" wrote in message
I bought a limb trimmer with a fiberglass pole. It's weathered and there are tiny fiberglass spikes sticking out all over. I tried to scrape them off, to no avail.
Think I need to paint it or something. What should I use?
Mike... I had a fiber glass ladder that did that after some years on a service truck that was in the sun every day. I lightly sanded it and coated it with Polyurethane . Solved the problem and kept using the ladder. WW