How to seal glass fibers into fiberglass pole?

I bought a limb trimmer with a fiberglass pole. It's weathered and there are tiny fiberglass spikes sticking out all over. I tried to scrape them off, to no avail.

Think I need to paint it or something. What should I use?

Reply to
mike

Think I need to paint it or something. What should I use?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Duct &&&&

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I bought a limb trimmer with a fiberglass pole. It's weathered and there are tiny fiberglass spikes sticking out all over. I tried to scrape them off, to no avail.

Think I need to paint it or something. What should I use?

Mike... I had a fiber glass ladder that did that after some years on a service truck that was in the sun every day. I lightly sanded it and coated it with Polyurethane . Solved the problem and kept using the ladder. WW

Reply to
WW