How to screw in a light bulb.

Page 2 of 3

It takes two psychiatrists, but the light bulb really has to want to ;-)
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
And here I thought that this was a misdirected fetish-group post due to the subject line.
--
C.J.

Pull my pud to reply

Except for the heat from the arc when it makes partial contact, and melts and deforms the solder on the bottom of the bulb.
I prefer to tighten bulbs without power present, because I like a smooth bottom bulb for best contact.
Dave.
Joe wrote:

How come nobody's pointed out the correct way to "Screw In a Lightbulb" yet? My preferred way is:
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/screwing.gif
Jeff (Who's been waiting a long time for this opening...)
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can smile when things are going wrong, you've thought of someone to
Bravo!!!! I had to forward this far and wide.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Were I ever to screw in a lightbulb, I would only want one other person in there. 17 in there would be terribly crowded and distracting.
steve
My way is best. I hold the bulb high in the air, and the socket, and the whole world revolves around me.
On 30 Oct 2003, HA HA Budys Here wrote:

Damn it Jennifer, the alimony check will be in the mail today. Quit stalking me, bitch!
How do you get 18 people in a light bulb?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

A funnel and plunger. <G>
NOI

That's exactly the worst _possible_ way.
Maximizes risk of contact corrosion, overheating and fire.
Tantamount to telling people the best way to connect two wires is to make sure they only barely touch.
Yeah right.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

in
the
harder
I concur. I only change lightbulbs during power failures.
Better safe than sorry.
I screw it in until I can feel the resistance of the bulb meeting the center terminal.
I've had two cases where someone had a dead socket, and the fix was to pull the center tab out a bit. Another case which the socket flickered, and I replaced the socket.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

in
the
harder

What compound do you recommend?
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
That you are able to remove 98% of your bulbs without pliers after breaking them is impressive indeed!

Is Home Depot the only place to buy a Light Bulb Torque Wrench? How should one screw in a Florescent Bulb? I don't like having to start the bulb by zapping it with 220v Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks