How to repair this ?

A part of the linoleum in one of our bathrooms has unglued and curled up.

What can we do to glue it back and how to do it ?

Any particular or special glue ?

Pls help.

Thanks Ava

Reply to
avacohen100

Assuming it's a newer vinyl, use a multipurpose flooring adhesive. Force the glue under the loose ends, being careful not to break it. (Use a hair dryer to soften the flooring before gluing). Wipe with a wet rag to remove adhesive on the top of the flooring. Then place a flat board across the seam and weight it down with concrete blocks or several heavy toolboxes.. Let it sit with the weights for at least 24 hours. It's a good idea to put wax paper over the seam before the board so you dont glue the board to the floor when the glue oozes out of the seam.

Some people also put very small brass brads in the vinyl after gluing. to help hold it down. You may see them, but not much. Dont use steel brads, they rust.

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

I would add that it would be a good idea to carefully clean as best you can under the lifting tile.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Scrape as much of the crud off the underside of the vinyl and the floor underneath as you can, first. There's no point in gluing the vinyl to a clump of dirt.

Reply to
Goedjn