How to remove green patina copper sulfate oxidation?

I've been googling on how to clean green patina, or rather copper sulfate oxidation from come metalic components. All I can find is how to add it, not remove it! Evidently, this green substance is desirable for certain applications, such as artwork. What can I use to remove it from some copper hinges?
-Thanks
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:21:41 -0400, somebody wrote:

There's copper cleaner used to clean pots/pans. Bar Keeper's Friend should also work. Both can be found in grocery and hardware stores. Both are very mild abrasives.
Follow directions. Use old toothbrush for tight spots.

Franz Fripplfrappl
somebody wrote:

Navy used to use catsup for their copper galley steam tables. Because it is acidic. Acid reduces (removes/reverses) oxides.
Abrasion works too :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________

to prevent poatina from reoccuring, clean completely then spray with clear acrylic.
always thought copper roofs looked bad once they aged........
new copper is pretty
on 6/25/2008 10:06 AM dadiOH said the following:

unpainted steel floors. I don't know how it would work on copper. This was back in the '50s, so I don't know if the current lemonade mix is the same as then, either.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Well, which is it? Copper sulphate is blue. This, I remember. Copper oxide is black, if memory serves.
Copper oxide and copper sulphate are not the same.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
somebody wrote:

brighten brass, followed by clear coat to protect. Worked great on long hinge on an upright piano.

a scotchbrite greenie will polish anything nice, provided its small