How to obtain carpet

I have little experience in the acquisition of carpet and google doesn't help much probably because I don't know the correct terms to enter.
I have a room where I want to put what I'd call "office carpet" in one piece 8'6" wide by 16'6" long. I want the carpet to be thin, which is why I refer to "office carpet" and to have a rubber or similar non-slip backing. I won't be putting down any underlayment and the doors have to open over it. In addition I want it to be trimmed (hemmed? bound?) with a leather or vinyl border sewn over the edge around all four sides so it looks finished off. Color = a solid dark brown with a slightly darker brown border. Many years ago I used to have a car with exactly this type of carpet and border.
I also want another piece in the same style 3' wide by 19' long.
Please don't suggest rugs. No one makes rugs in those dimensions at anything like a reasonable price. And please don't suggest wall-to-wall. I have to be able to roll it up and take it with me. It cannot be attached to the floor in any way.
So where do I find a description of this, in particular the trimming/binding/hemming preferably with some nice cheap prices?
snipped-for-privacy@Somewhere.edu wrote:

Try a local carpet store.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Ditto the local carpet store advice. They can cut wall to wall to the size you need and bind the edges with stitching. You could then put it down as is if you don't mind the harder feel. Or put padding down underneath it. They may also have some carpeting with a slip resistant backing suited to what you are trying to do.
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Ask for "low loop commercial".
--

dadiOH

The internet have vast amounts of wonderful information. plenty of catalogs of sellers, but . . . . . .
Sometimes it is best to take your ass out of the house and down tot he local store. Most towns have at least one carpet dealer that can do exactly what you want. Go visit one.
snipped-for-privacy@Somewhere.edu wrote:

We investigated purchasing carpet from Home Depot and having it bound - they will do it, but use an outside company to do the binding. There is "indoor/outdoor" or kitchen carpet that would suit your needs - thin, short nap. Just visit a good carpet store. There is probably some sort of coating that can be applied to the back of carpet if not already part of it. There are cut to fit "pads" available in most home stores - just a mesh that is coated and folds up. The leather or vinyl might be a problem - cracking or creasing when you roll it up to move it. Whatever backing you consider, be sure it won't stick to the floor underneath. If the large area rug fits up against the walls, you may not need any backing - not likely it would slide, but may curl if not fastened down.
snipped-for-privacy@Somewhere.edu wrote:

Local store - I have bought from S&S mills of GA. They will send you free samples, you order and they ship to you. Not sure if they can do the binding. Doesn't hurt to ask.
http://www.ssmills.com /