How to make room light turn on an additional lamp?

Page 2 of 2
dpb wrote:

Hmmm, Wait a min., if the spot light is not very useful, instead of trying to have another light fixture or whatever, why don't OP fix that spot light thingy? To me that'd be better/easier solution.
I am thinking about installing a ceiling mounted fixture or light box using the wires for that spot light socket.