How to locate a local contractor?

I'm wanting to have a door unit installed in place of a large window in a bricked wall. My first stop ws Home Depot to see if they could even do the job. Well, their contractors won't touch brickwork.
Where does a guy go to find a good contractor (with references) to do such a job?
Location: North Dallas 'burbs
Thanks!

One good first place to check is with the store you're buying the door from. Which is hopefully not Home Depot. ml

Go to a real lumber yard/home center. They can often refer you to someone that does that work and they probably sell a better product. Avoid Home Depot and Lowes for that type of work.
MrC1 wrote:

http://www.naridallas.org /
I actually had good luck with http://www.servicemagic.com/ an on-line referral network. I had once tried some of the other online referal services out there and never had any call backs. This one I had 3 or 4 responses to my small job and I found a really great contractor I will uses for now and for ever (For the kind of work he does). My first responses came within minutes and ALL within an hour!
Try it, it couldn't hurt.