How to locate a local contractor?

I'm wanting to have a door unit installed in place of a large window in a bricked wall. My first stop ws Home Depot to see if they could even do the job. Well, their contractors won't touch brickwork.

Where does a guy go to find a good contractor (with references) to do such a job?

Location: North Dallas 'burbs

Thanks!

Reply to
MrC1

One good first place to check is with the store you're buying the door from. Which is hopefully not Home Depot. ml

Reply to
kzinNOSPAM99

Go to a real lumber yard/home center. They can often refer you to someone that does that work and they probably sell a better product. Avoid Home Depot and Lowes for that type of work.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

RicodJour

I actually had good luck with

an on-line referral network. I had once tried some of the other online referal services out there and never had any call backs. This one I had 3 or 4 responses to my small job and I found a really great contractor I will uses for now and for ever (For the kind of work he does). My first responses came within minutes and ALL within an hour!

Try it, it couldn't hurt.

Reply to
No