How many wires in a hole

I am planning to install a new service panel and there are three areas to punch out the holes in the back for the wires to come in (3/8" to over 2"). I want to plan how many wires and what size clamp for each opening but am having trouble finding the right spot in the NEC to tell me the limit. Is it the same as for metallic conduit in general or tell me which chart to refer to.

Reply to
PipeDown

NEC has nothing to do with the amount of wires through the connector. The connector manufacture will have a UL listing for example 2-14/2's or

1-14/3.

Check locally, they may allow you to use a bushing instead. I used to put in

2- 2 1/2 inch bushings and run all the concealed wires through those. I have not done a residential service in 15 years so what I am telling you may be out of date.

All conduit has a number of wire limit. Depends on the size of the wire and insulation of the indiviual wires. The max is usually a son of a gun to get in if there are very many 90's.

Reply to
SQLit