how to: kill grass between paving stone

Hwlo, just wondering what is a cheap and easy way to kill the grass growing up between paving stone in my patio? I tried pulling it out but is is difficult. thanx

Roundup works well. You have to be careful not to use it when rain is forecast for a couple of days, and prevent "bleeding" of the spray onto surrounding greenery.
"not Steve Buscemi" <me ATyahoo.ca> wrote in message

Roundup, Rainsafe in 1 Hr , not days. Cover plants nearby , dont use when windy.
used DOT 3 Brake Fluid works great.....
message

Yes, that and don't do it on a windy day. Not even the slightest breeze.
--
JennP.

Grass-Be-Gone is more selective than Roundup and works well.
On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 10:07:15 -0400, "not Steve Buscemi" <me ATyahoo.ca> wrote:

More selective? What does that have to do with killing vegetation between pavers, when he just wants to kill everything?
On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 10:07:15 -0400, "not Steve Buscemi" <me ATyahoo.ca> wrote:

Spread a tarp over it for a couple weeks. Or, spray it with kerosene and burn it--this will produce lots of smoke. You could burn it with a propane torch, for much less smoke.
Boiling water, it strips the"wax" from the leaves and the plant dies.
Phisherman wrote:

You just reminded me of the simplest procedure. Put a clear plastic sheet over it for an hour or so in direct sunlight and you will have cooked the plants. No cost, no mess, no problem.

Except for the plastic sheet. I find that I can get weed and grass killer at the discount table at the local retailer for $5. Small bottle that makes many gallons. Spend the $5 and save yourself the trouble.
--
Jim Sullivan
seattle, washington
"not Steve Buscemi" <me ATyahoo.ca> wrote in message

Train your dog to pee on them.
No dog? Well have a few beers and I bet you can come up with a method.
I heard that vinegar will do the trick. Haven't verified it however.
Mort

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 10:07:15 -0400, "not Steve Buscemi" <me ATyahoo.ca> wrote:

I've had excellent success with WD-40
--

Dave in Columbus

In alt.home.repair

If you wish to be a little more environmentally friendly and save money as well, you can get gallon jugs of "Liquid Edger" for cheaper than a small can of WD-40.

Boiling water. Be careful.
Cheapest method is to slowly pour boiling water on the grass or get out your propane torch and burn them. Or spray them with any standard vegetation killer.
not Steve Buscemi wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 06:05:12 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"

Go to google.com and search for "JT850"
They work great for this purpose.
BB
Best solution is Triox, which will not only kill what's there, but also give season long protection from new weeds.