How to 'Flush' a countertop

My galley kitchen (posted pics in another thread) has an L shaped bar with cabinets on the bottom. In my remod I want to cut the raised bar off and make the countertop flush. What's the best way to do this to leave myself with little drywall work on the supporting section?
TIA
"in2dadark" wrote in message

I have no idea what other thread has your pictures. Post a link when referring to pictures.
In general what I would do is pull off the drywall so I could see all electrical wires, plumbing, etc. and the framing. Then modify it as needed. I'm not afraid to do drywall work. Learn to do drywall, it is easy, and you will not be limited on your projects in the future...

I know how to do it . I just don't 'like' to do drywall work. THere is no plumbing or electric lines in this section.