How to eliminate thermostats from space heaters

Page 2 of 2
On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 5:58:04 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:

OK, it took me about two minutes to google that model and find a parts list. It includes:
99271125 Thermal Cuttoff
That would appear to be the likely problem. Another possibility would be that nothing is wrong with the cuttoff and instead it's acting to shut it off because it's overheating due to something else, eg insufficient air flow. The actual part might also have identifying numbers that could source it, cross reference it, etc to obtain it at lower cost.
As to the claim that if you bypass it, your fire insurance is voided, I'd like to see some examples where that has happened. Fire insurance typically pays off on your stupid actions. I have yet to see one where they said you shouldn't have used a frayed extension cord to permanently run that refrigerator or you shouldn't have left newspapers stacked around the fireplace, etc, so we aren't going to pay. Note that I'm not saying he should bypass it, I agree, that's probably a bad idea.
On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 8:30:34 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

Caveat: He has published his intentions on the internet for all to see, and been duly warned that he's about to do something dangerous.
His insurance might still pay off, but he might be vulnerable to civil suit from any parties that may be injured, feel injured, or claim to be injured.
On 1/25/2015 1:11 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

One helper makes a copy of a music song, your kind of helper is likely to burn down the house. Who sung that "burn down the house" ah, never mind.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 01:11:50 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

The OP could probably rent a real and approved Fire Truck, to park in his driveway and then hire 3 or 4 professional fire fighters to staff that truck 24/7 for around $3500 to $5000 per month.
That way, when the fire starts, they will be right there to put out the flames quickly.
On 01/25/2015 02:43 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I am so lucky in that a firehouse is just a few hundred feet from my house...and now that I think of it...how foolish I have been to invest...who knows how many dozens of dollars on safety precautions here.

And find himself totally uninsurable in the future.
Three things I can't fix - crack of dawn (daybreak) , broken heart, and stupid.