How to drain a dead washing machine?

My old automatic washing machine died yesterday. It's full of water. I pulled out the clothing and put it in a pail to hang it outdoors to drip dry. But how can I get the water out? It's in the house on a wooden floor, not in the basement where I could just tip it over if I had to.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mark

wet/dry shop vac
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:54:55 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Hold the drain hose lower than the tub and it will come out. You need a couple buckets
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:54:55 -0500, maradcliff wrote:

Have you been this helpless (and clueless) your entire life?
Linux Registered User #327951
Dan C wrote:

Speaking of clueless...I did a DOH!. My machine refused to spin. It would run but not spin so I called the guy to come out. While waiting I dipped all the water out. When he came he pointed out that all I had to do was put it on spin and the pump would have taken care of the water. Ouch. What hurts is that I knew that, just hadn't thought of it.
Harry K

Shopvac.
Use a garden hose and syphon it out the door.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
If there is a floor drain nearby, then just lower the drainhose to floor level as close to the drain as possible. Gravity will do the work for you.

Thanks to all that offerred valuable help. The shop vac is a good idea, but I was not aware it would drain if I lower the hose. I thought the pump had to be running. It's not far from the rear door, so I will attach a hose, and I have a piece of 4" pvc I can feed it thru. It works in wash mode, but will not spin, not even if I manually click it to spin. The timer has been going for quite some time. It suddenly blew the breaker. I opened it and there are major charred contacts. It's not worth the cost of a new timer. Time for a new machine, and I will have a spare motor, since that still works.
Mark
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 00:24:17 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

I found it out by accident ;-)
Fill the hose with water and hold a thumb over the open end and disconnect the hose keeping both ends at same height. Keep thumb on end, drop other end where water will drain the put end with thumb in tub and water will siphon out. Used to drain waterbeds.