How to do it yourself - clean home heating vents

Hi,
Anyone could recommend how should one clean home heating/cooling vents? Just stick in vacume hose and hope all dirt will be sucked in? How deap you would have to stick vacum hose in?
Thanks
stick your cat in the vent and let it walk around... LOL
NoSpam345 wrote:

NoSpam345 wrote:

Vents are easy. I suspect you mean ducts. For the most part, you don't need to worry or clean them. On the other hand if they really do need cleaning, it is usually best left to the professional with the right equipment and in some cases special skills.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

this is exactly what i was about to post. if theres a little dirt and a few dead bugs in there, no big. if theres mold or something that really needs cleaning, you need a pro.
randy

I use a shop vac with a 20-foot hose. Once a year is enough for me, although twice a year is better if you have pets/kids.
having a new HVAC installed next week and getting 25 yr old ducts cleaned. they use a mechanical rotating brush, seal the system and suck it out. for $355 it is worth it to me, as I have serious allergies (so medical deduction too) and done in 2 hours. It would take me forever (literally) to accomplish any sort of serious duct cleaning. YMMV
--

Totus Tuus