How to clean under agitator, Amana washer?

I have an Amana top loaded washer, purchased around 1999. Model # LWA50AW. Is there a way to take off that middle piece (the agitator?) and clean under it? If so, how do i remove it? I want to see it there are any small pieces, paper clips, or whatever caught underneath. Sometimes I find pennys or paperclips in the bottom of thw washer. I was wondering if stuff can get caught under the agitator. Thanks in advance for any information.
I have an Amana top loaded washer, purchased around 1999. Model # LWA50AW. Is there a way to take off that middle piece (the agitator?) and clean under it? If so, how do i remove it? I want to see it there are any small pieces, paper clips, or whatever caught underneath. Sometimes I find pennys or paperclips in the bottom of thw washer. How do you take off the agitator and clean under it? Thanks in advance for any information.
Leave it alone.
Don't fix what ain't broke.