How to clean an inaccessible electrical contact?

Is the socket so sealed that you can't open it and clean/bend the contacts from the "other" side?

Is the socket so sealed that you can't open it and clean/bend the contacts from the "other" side? ============== Yes. Not possible.

DeOxit
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

http://www.lampsplus.com/products/2D-Energy-Saving-Torchiere-250-Fluorescent-Light-Bulb__04389.html
You could try a set of welding torch tip cleaners that come in a little fold up set along with some contact cleaner.
http://www.uniweld.com/catalog/accessories/chart.htm
http://tinyurl.com/3xszwt
Another thing to try would be to crimp the pins slightly with needle nose pliers to make them tighter in the socket or even put a slight bend in the pins carefully to avoid breakage.
TDD
JoeSpareBedroom wrote the following:

http://www.lampsplus.com/products/2D-Energy-Saving-Torchiere-250-Fluorescent-Light-Bulb__04389.html
Dielectric Grease, found at most hardware or auto stores. Just wipe the pins with it. It's about $3 US for a tiny tube, but it will last a long time since you just wipe the contacts with it.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I have some. I thought it was NON-conductive. If my theory about the lamp's problem is correct, would that grease only make things worse?

I have some. I thought it was NON-conductive. If my theory about the lamp's problem is correct, would that grease only make things worse?

I have some. I thought it was NON-conductive. If my theory about the lamp's problem is correct, would that grease only make things worse?

I have some. I thought it was NON-conductive. If my theory about the lamp's problem is correct, would that grease only make things worse?

I have some. I thought it was NON-conductive. If my theory about the lamp's problem is correct, would that grease only make things worse?

I have some. I thought it was NON-conductive. If my theory about the lamp's problem is correct, would that grease only make things worse?

I have some. I thought it was NON-conductive. If my theory about the lamp's problem is correct, would that grease only make things worse?
I thought that stuff was NON-conductive. If my theory about the lamp's problem is correct, would that grease only make things worse?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote the following:

It is stated as non-conductive, but it is designed for, and has been used for years, as a corrosion protection for all electrical contacts. http://www.epinions.com/review/Permatex_67vr_Dielectric_Grease_Tube/content_455415336580
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Only works where you have a good contact to start with. It's a cheap Chinese peice of crap, so if it lasted 6 months he got his money's worth. Time to curb it.
Sadly, just about every CCF lamp you can buy in North America is a cheap peice if Chinese Crap.
Helps hold out corrosion. The metal parts touch, t hrough the grease.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It works great when the contact is good from the start. The electrical contacts move enough of the grease out of the way so the contacts can make a good connection. The grease surrounds the connection keeping out humidity, oxygen, and other gases so it doesn't oxidize, pit, corrode, whatever. It's preventive maintenance, not a fix.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

http://www.lampsplus.com/products/2D-Energy-Saving-Torchiere-250-Fluorescent-Light-Bulb__04389.html
Use a toothpick covered in anti-oxidant solution.
Jon