How smart is your boss

I was remembering a few years ago. We were on a job and got in some new tools.
We were happy to find out that we got two new drills. The one we were using had no key. We were having to tightening it with 2 pair of channel locks.
The boss put the keys to the new drills in his desk. He did not want us to lose the new ones.
Terry wrote:

I have a smart boss, too :o) Hubby has every tool under the sun, and two or three of some varieties. MY tools are under the bed in the guest room, where I can FIND what I want without digging, and they all go back WHERE THEY BELONG.
For some reason, my husband can't find stuff if it is where it belongs, but he can remember where it is when stuff is scattered everywhere. And he knew what was wrong yesterday when the old beater wouldn't start at the grocery store. He is the guy to call when the helpless neighbors want something fixed for free, and I have never known him to say "No". Bless his heart :o)
If I want to make his life really miserable, I organize his "stuff". :o)

The reason that half the species can't find things is that the other half "organizes" it for them but doesn't tell them where.

One half of the species doesn't understand the logic by which the other half "organizes" things.
Or as a joke I recently saw said, take the TV remote to the grocery store with you.
Everett M. Greene wrote:

My husband has been known to leave the car at the grocery store and walk home :o) Not very far.

We had a maintenance guy at work that drove his boss crazy. Every time the boss walked away from a job they were doing, Larry would take a tool and put it on the boss' desk. They he'd go back to where he was working and not find the tool and he'd never ask anyone. Then he'd find it on his desk and figure he put it there himslef. Drove him nuts until he quit 6 months later.
Please send this to Scott Adams, the Dilbert guy. Or maybe I'll send it to him.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Find a new boss.

Old adage: You don't know what a lousy boss is until you see the next one.

Given that a replacement chuck key is about $1.00 at most hardware stores, this scenario doesn't speak very well for anyone involved.

I'm one of those angry/selfcentered employees that will get my own chuck key. This way I can extort everyone to by me coffee and donuts in the morning to use my key.
Muhahahahahaha! :p
tom @ www.MedJobSite.com

Well, we were getting paid by the hour. I pays just as much to work on the tools as it does to work with them.

Just get a chuck, and keep it for yourself. Or sit around and get paid doing nothing, waiting for the boss to bring his.
Hey I like the sit around idea, forget getting your own chuck key. ;)
tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com

You're a kinder man than I am. Within two days of using channel locks, they would be to the point of being inoperable. I have had employers/bosses like that, and once they disrespect me in such a way, anything goes.
Steve
Last guy I knew who lost his chuck key used a hammer and pin punch to tighten it.
I had a boss one time who couldn't keep us supplied in 1/8 drill bits. And believe me, you need a LOT of em to install deadbolts on metal doors. He'd insist on taking them back to the shop to sharpen, and we went for days sometimes without a sharp drill bit. I finally bought a couple at the store, and they went dull after awhile, too.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

My Boss.....hes smart..........a smart Ass!!

Back in the 70's, our plant got a digital multimeter. It was kept locked in the bosses desk because he was worried that we'd "hurt" it if we used it.