How much torque on a fitting?

My memory is probably wrong, but I remember that the anode is a more reactive metal. So, the electrical connection is irrelevant.

Someone correct me, if my memory is failing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I believe that it does need to be electrically connected to the tank to properly protect it... something with the movement of electrons or something like that. However pipe dope or pipe tape won't interfere with that, the threads will cut through in places enough to make good contact.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

When factoring the replacement of anode into your decisions, you need to factor in the efficiency of the new water heater vs the old water heater.

I suspect the new water heater would pay for itself in a couple of years and also give you more hot water faster.

Reply to
Duff

I suspect that today's water heaters are no more efficient. Do you think the trend towards greater efficiency can go on indefinately? If the water heater hasn't started to rust, just replace the damn anode. Any slight energy savings will never repay the cost of a new water heater.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

I suspect you are dead wrong on this.

Reply to
Duff

oh of course, they're up to 2523% efficient now.

Reply to
AZ Nomad