How much torque on a fitting?

Page 2 of 2
The anode just provides metal to corrode, in order to help keep the tank from corroding. What makes you think that your anode needs replacing?
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"Nate Nagel" < snipped-for-privacy@roosters.net> wrote in message
Both tanks appear to have been installed circa 1990. The anodes needed replacing, but weren't so bad that the tanks would have been attacked, so I caught them in time. Damn previous owners :(
nate

When factoring the replacement of anode into your decisions, you need to factor in the efficiency of the new water heater vs the old water heater.
I suspect the new water heater would pay for itself in a couple of years and also give you more hot water faster.

I suspect that today's water heaters are no more efficient. Do you think the trend towards greater efficiency can go on indefinately? If the water heater hasn't started to rust, just replace the damn anode. Any slight energy savings will never repay the cost of a new water heater.
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 22:27:03 -0000, AZ Nomad

I suspect you are dead wrong on this.

oh of course, they're up to 2523% efficient now.