How much a clothes dryer cost to use?

Page 1 of 2

http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/dryers.html
Is it just my browser or has Google hijacked the web page?
The Google ad covers the chart that shows the information and I see no way to close it.
Metspitzer wrote:

Worked fine for me. FF 3.whatever, with ad-blocker. You don't have that silly-ass Google Toolbar running, do you?
-- aem sends...

I am using FF with no Google toolbar. I was using Google to find the page. That is interesting.....I can click on the link I posted and I get no ads.
If you search for "dryer costs" and follow the link, Google is posting smart ads on the page.
Guess it is time to use another search engine.
It is a shame too. Google started out doing things right, and has "improved" itself right into the toilet.
Metspitzer wrote:

AdBlocker+ extension for FF. I love it. Barely see any ads at all. And no frigging pop-up and pop-over ads, which used to make me crazy on newspaper sites.
(of course, if we ALL block ads, people will quit buying ad space, and a lot of these free sites will have to go to a pay-for-access business model. But I'll worry about that when it happens.)
-- aem sends...

computer
https://www.google.com/adsense/login/en_US /
Now with a little help from Google, I will have to figure out how to get rid of the crap.

If exist error level "1"
Go to:
Add remove programs
If exist Google Trash
EXIT
.. no wait.
A program jumped onto your computer?!
"I get rid of google crap with a little help from my friends" Lennon and McCartney, 2010. Abby Road Records.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Metspitzer wrote:

The simple way to be rid of the crap is http://altavista.com
Metspitzer wrote:

Isn't FF great! Sometimes I actually forget that some people still see pop up adds. It's been so long since I've seen them I forget what a pain in the ass pop up ads can be.
Try www.snopes.com and see if you can get rid of the Netflix and the two or three other pop ups. That site is really bad.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I just looked around the site for a couple minutes and didn't see any ads, pop up or otherwise.

IE blocked a popup and "to protect your security" it blocked "other content". If it was necessary to see the popup I can enable one time use- or by site. I'm pretty sure that is what the default medium security setting in IE gives you.
Jim

I have the silly-ass Google toolbar running and the page looks fine to me in IE8something. [there are still Google smart ads running-- but that's because the page owner is getting paid by Google to put them there.]

I still get the ads clicking on the link-- but they are unobtrusive along the right hand margin.

Page looks the same to me whether I follow your link or a Google search result link.

I just tried the page through Yahoo- it took 20 seconds instead of 3-- and the page looks exactly the same. Those ads are part of the page-- and have nothing to do with how you get there.

I think they've just gotten big enough that it is fashionable to blame them for everything. They aren't perfect but as businesses go you could do much worse.
Jim

is no way to see behind it.

Metspitzer wrote:

Only ads I see are click on ads on the left hand side. They don't cover anything.

The problem, the group has figured out, is my fonts are larger than normal.
Metspitzer wrote:

LOL! Does this mean it's time for bifocals?

The problem, as usual, is me. :)

Works with my FF too.
BTW Does Mr. Electricity = Tiny Tim?
http://michaelbluejay.com/photos/thumbnails/hippiebiz.jpg
http://listverse.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/tiny-in-casket-tm.jpg
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:31:35 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

LMAO