How many roofs neede repair after this?

A lot and a lot of cars needed quite a bit of work. In fact there were more than a few cars that were totaled.

Reply to
Jim Rusling

I went through one of those in west Texas backin the 60s. My car, near new 1959 volvo, was parked next to a cadillac convertibvle with the top up. I was watching from shelter just across the street. In way less than a minute, there was no shred of top on the cadillac. Afterwards you couildn't put a finger between the dents on my car. The storm came up from SW and wiped out every window on that side throughout the city. It then stopped and backed up and got all the windows on the N side. they shipped in insurance adjusters from all over the states.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Around here, last time that happened, the dealers didn't bother to repair the 'work truck' pickups on their lots- just replaced any broken glass, and sold them as-is, at a discount. Still had full warranty, as far as I know. Some friends of friends were quite happy at getting 'new' for 5yo used prices- the dings didn't bother them at all.

Dunno what they did with the fancy trucks and cars. Up north here, hail is a novelty, and usually brief and tiny. Doubt we get hail big enough to break stuff more than every five years or so.

Reply to
aemeijers