How long for firewood to dry?

Page 2 of 2
HeyBub wrote:

Tell that to the three I have on the ground "out back" as a result of the 2004 hurricanes. Of course, two of them are still living :) So is another one that was struck and nearly girdled by lightning a handful of years ago. The *are* survivors.
OTOH, they are constantly having limbs die. The amount of tree trash from our 30+ oaks is phenomonal! Most of it is pencil size and smaller twigs but some is larger, some up to 15" in diameter and 15-20' long. Anytime I am around live oak trees I always check what is above my head.
--

dadiOH

Oren wrote:

Like last year!
I had to replace the fuel gauge sensor on my Chevrolet pickup. I had an oak tree that overhung the driveway, so I bought a chain lift and attached it to the lowest limb (HF, $40). Removing 8 bolts from the pickup's bed, I was able to lift the bed off the truck thereby gaining access to the gas tank and the fuel sensor. Shortly thereafter I sold the chain lift on Craigslist for $45.
Let's hear it for the old oak tree.

http://mb-soft.com/juca/print/firewood.html

And it must be a HF tarp. No other brand of tarp will work for oak. ;-)