How hear doorbell out in garden?

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:07:40 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Poor lefty, too *stupid* to think for himself.

Keep on following the party line: left, right left, right...oh wait for you it has to be right, right, right, right, right, right so that you can keep going in circles
On 4/26/13 10:07 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

There are waterproof portable and waterproof cell phones available. There are also military spec versions. I don't know the details of military spec. Have you looked for cases that hunters or fishermen might use? Cabelas?
[snip]

There are doorbells that connect to your phone line, so pressing the button will ring your cordless phone.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
On Friday, April 26, 2013 12:04:56 AM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:

forgetting to bring them in. So now I want to rig up something attached t o the front door bell that I can hear out in back. Even in my office with the door closed I can't hear the doorbell.

side the kitchen door.

chen all through the house? Is there a better way? Or can I install a se cond doorbell that rings in back? This would look funny by the front door, wouldn't it? Naive questions from a naive homeowner.

On 4/26/2013 2:04 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

forgetting to bring them in. So now I want to rig up something attached to the front door bell that I can hear out in back. Even in my office with the door closed I can't hear the doorbell.

all through the house? Is there a better way? Or can I install a second doorbell that rings in back? This would look funny by the front door, wouldn't it? Naive questions from a naive homeowner.

I have a pager, been with the same company since 1984 and everyone has that number. Since everyone has a cellphone these days you could rent a pager for $20 a month and put a note on your door with your pager number. Of course I've installed pager alarms in the past for folks who wanted to know when someone was tampering with their car and there are stand alone paging systems. ^_^
http://www.weitbrecht.com/personal_pager.html
TDD
On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 04:48:54 -0500, The Daring Dufas

forgetting to bring them in. So now I want to rig up something attached to the front door bell that I can hear out in back. Even in my office with the door closed I can't hear the doorbell.

all through the house? Is there a better way? Or can I install a second doorbell that rings in back? This would look funny by the front door, wouldn't it? Naive questions from a naive homeowner.

$20 a month?! ...for a pager?!!! Just get another cell phone for times when you're playing in the dirt. It'll be a *lot* cheaper than that.

forgetting to bring them in. So now I want to rig up something attached to the front door bell that I can hear out in back. Even in my office with the door closed I can't hear the doorbell.

kitchen all through the house? Is there a better way? Or can I install a second doorbell that rings in back? This would look funny by the front door, wouldn't it? Naive questions from a naive homeowner.

It covers The Southeast and when I'm in another city I get a digital number or if my pager number comes up on the display, I know I have voice mail. I keep my cellphone turned off until I'm going to use it. I don't even have voice mail setup on the cellphone and I will not use my cellphone while driving like the morons I must dodge every time I'm on The Interstate Highway. I did a search and found pager service from one place for $12 a month. o_O
TDD

Tracfone is only $20 for three months (~140 minutes if you use the promo code), and that includes coverage over the entire US as well as voice mail.
Jon
On 4/27/2013 2:36 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

I have a TracFone, had it for many years. In fact when they went digital, they sent me a free digital model to replace my analog TracFone. My pager is always with me and much smaller than my cellphone, besides, I've been carrying a pager since the mid 1970's and I've been with the same pager company since 1984. I've had the same pager number for 23 years and people who haven't spoken with me for years have called me to do business because they still have my number from long ago. I'm not listed in any directory and don't advertise, it's all word of mouth and I like it that way. Oh yea, I get double minutes every time I refill my TracFone and the time I have on it expires in the year 2022. ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:36:19 -0700, Jon Danniken

PagePlus is a minimum of a $10 prepaid card (100 minutes) every four months. It uses the Verizon network, too.
On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:00:41 -0500, The Daring Dufas

forgetting to bring them in. So now I want to rig up something attached to the front door bell that I can hear out in back. Even in my office with the door closed I can't hear the doorbell.

kitchen all through the house? Is there a better way? Or can I install a second doorbell that rings in back? This would look funny by the front door, wouldn't it? Naive questions from a naive homeowner.

That ridiculous. A second "line" is $10/month with a free phone, and you can get prepaid plans for $40/year, or I'm sure less.
Oh for the love of God! Put your phone in a quart size Ziploc bag when you take it out to garden.
I think mostly the people get rid from all this wire things.I think you must installed a wireless system for your home.Because mostly the wire got damaged and you don't be aware of that until you see the damaged and you don't get any alarm in your office until the damage wire will be replaced and it cost you more.
--
Alder

On Friday, April 26, 2013 12:04:56 AM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:

forgetting to bring them in. So now I want to rig up something attached t o the front door bell that I can hear out in back. Even in my office with the door closed I can't hear the doorbell.

side the kitchen door.

chen all through the house? Is there a better way? Or can I install a se cond doorbell that rings in back? This would look funny by the front door, wouldn't it? Naive questions from a naive homeowner.

I read all the (non-political) suggestions with great interest.
1. Cell-phone in yard. Put in ziploc bag. Talk about not thinking outsid e the box! Hits self in forehead (almost) hard enough to cause injury.
2. Can't hear doorbell: Will try to investigate flashing light, etc. May be through some handicapped Website? Not sure I'm up to finessing the door bell to connect in back.
Many thanks to (almost) all.
Now must get back to preparing MY plaything at CERN for two years from now when I will collide these little guys much, much harder.
HB
On 5/1/2013 4:19 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

forgetting to bring them in. So now I want to rig up something attached to the front door bell that I can hear out in back. Even in my office with the door closed I can't hear the doorbell.

all through the house? Is there a better way? Or can I install a second doorbell that rings in back? This would look funny by the front door, wouldn't it? Naive questions from a naive homeowner.

through some handicapped Website? Not sure I'm up to finessing the doorbell to connect in back.

Are you still trying to find "The God Particle"? ^_^
TDD

Well, guess what. There ain't just one of those little critters. Maybe. I hope the EPA doesn't hear about this. I'm thinking endangered species list. There's only one for sure so far. HuffPo link: http://tinyurl.com/co2o3vv