Erratic engine cranking: solved

My problem was...

"The main problem I have with starting it after not using it is that the engine cranks erratically. By that I mean that it will turn a couple of times, stop for a couple of seconds, stop again, etc. (all the while holding the key on). I then stop for a minute or two to let stuff cool down, then try again."

The solution was a new starter.

The bushing in the old one didn't *look* bad but when turning the spindle by hand, you could definitely feel the eccentricity.

Reply to
dadiOH