how do i fix drywall????

Hi, I am in need of a little advice. I need to fix holes in my apartment walls, but I am not sure how do drywall, and was looking for some tips.
Thanks :)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Depends. Are you talking about nail or foot sized holes?
--

dadiOH
____________________________

This Lowes' link has a decent tutorial on drywall repair. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=howTo&p=Improve/pchrepdry.html&rn=RightNavFiles/rightNavHowTo
Rich http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

Here's where to start http://www.google.com/search?q=drywall+repair
Far more descriptive than any of us can be in a text only forum.
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Amazing, you're posting through Google, you have a Gmail account, but you don't know how to search Google.

Amazing. A thousand netnannies out of work, and you want to be one.
Steve
"Steve B" wrote

Stevie, I'm not out of work, I'm doing my job. I would be out of work, if it weren't for imbeciles like you.
Next time, attempt to put together a sentence, which makes sense.
back in college, we used to fix nail holes with toothpaste... try to find a color that matches the walls (we got lucky, always white).
They always scare you with the "we'll hold your security deposit if there is any undocumented alteration or damage to your apartment/dorm"... they really don't care about nail holes, because they usually claim that you staind the rug or that you scraped a countertop anyhow.
The "deposit" is a joke at most colleges, btw... they're gonna keep the whole damn thing no matter what. The washing machine broke down on the 5th floor of a friends dorm back in the day, they just decided to pay for a new one by keeping $10 from everyone's deposit when they moved out for the summer. it was actually listed as "Laundry equipment replacement"

No, i am at work, where there is a firewall, actually....... so I can not get to almost all websites. I thought if I asked on here, someone might have a response..... thank you.... For some reason I can get to gmail, but nothing else.

Right here:
http://tinyurl.com/2rfwr
--
Regards,
On 9 Jan 2007 11:25:29 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

The size of the holes changes how to tackle the problem.
How big are they?
tom @ www.MeetANewFriend.com

Lets just say, someone punched about 8 holes in one area..... so fist size holes, exactly.....
They firewall just about everything, ehe? I Hate it when that happens.
Maybe you should punch about 8 fist sized holes in the firewall, then you could google "firewall patching".
Oh, snaps.
On 11 Jan 2007 14:25:22 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

imho,
If they are about the same area, might want to just cut out one big area, say square shape, and patch. Cut fresh sheet of drywall about the size of the new single hole, secure to studs, tape and mud.
Now if they are all seperate, and unable to consolidated, get some mesh tape, and mud squishing good amount of mud through the tape. Assuming fist size is only 4x3 in size.
mudding means mud, sand, mud, sand, mud and sand. the paint. :D
These are just guesses, since not actually there.
tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

search this group with key words.....
fix holes drywall
here's the result.... the first 10 hits will tell all you need to know
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/search?hl=en&group=alt.home.repair&q=fix+holes+drywall&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

search this group with the key words
fix holes drywall