how do i fix drywall????

Hi, I am in need of a little advice. I need to fix holes in my apartment walls, but I am not sure how do drywall, and was looking for some tips.

Thanks :)

Reply to
marebear21

Depends. Are you talking about nail or foot sized holes?

Reply to
dadiOH

Here's where to start

Far more descriptive than any of us can be in a text only forum.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

This Lowes' link has a decent tutorial on drywall repair.

Rich

Rich

Amazing, you're posting through Google, you have a Gmail account, but you don't know how to search Google.

Reply to
Simon

Right here:

Doug Miller

The size of the holes changes how to tackle the problem.

How big are they?

tom @

Tom The Great

search this group with key words.....

fix holes drywall

here's the result.... the first 10 hits will tell all you need to know

BobK207

search this group with the key words

fix holes drywall

result:

BobK207

Amazing. A thousand netnannies out of work, and you want to be one.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Steve B" wrote

Stevie, I'm not out of work, I'm doing my job. I would be out of work, if it weren't for imbeciles like you.

Next time, attempt to put together a sentence, which makes sense.

Reply to
Simon

back in college, we used to fix nail holes with toothpaste... try to find a color that matches the walls (we got lucky, always white).

They always scare you with the "we'll hold your security deposit if there is any undocumented alteration or damage to your apartment/dorm"... they really don't care about nail holes, because they usually claim that you staind the rug or that you scraped a countertop anyhow.

The "deposit" is a joke at most colleges, btw... they're gonna keep the whole damn thing no matter what. The washing machine broke down on the 5th floor of a friends dorm back in the day, they just decided to pay for a new one by keeping $10 from everyone's deposit when they moved out for the summer. it was actually listed as "Laundry equipment replacement"

Reply to
kellyj00

No, i am at work, where there is a firewall, actually....... so I can not get to almost all websites. I thought if I asked on here, someone might have a response..... thank you.... For some reason I can get to gmail, but nothing else.

Reply to
marebear21

Lets just say, someone punched about 8 holes in one area..... so fist size holes, exactly.....

Reply to
marebear21

They firewall just about everything, ehe? I Hate it when that happens.

Maybe you should punch about 8 fist sized holes in the firewall, then you could google "firewall patching".

Oh, snaps.

Reply to
kellyj00

imho,

If they are about the same area, might want to just cut out one big area, say square shape, and patch. Cut fresh sheet of drywall about the size of the new single hole, secure to studs, tape and mud.

Now if they are all seperate, and unable to consolidated, get some mesh tape, and mud squishing good amount of mud through the tape. Assuming fist size is only 4x3 in size.

mudding means mud, sand, mud, sand, mud and sand. the paint. :D

These are just guesses, since not actually there.

tom @

Tom The Great