How do I find it?

I want to buy a tiny house or cottage or trailer on a piece of land for $ 10.000 or 1-2 acres for $ 2000 in or outside a little town. I need no basement, no garage but electicity and water and Internet access. I can move to any state or town in the western USA.
I called a few real estate guys but it seems they just want to sell me their most expensive stuff. I looked at some websites but found mainly expensive houses in larger towns.
Hey, is this Ted Kaczynski? How u beeeen?
On Jan 24, 6:27 pm, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

On 24 Jan 2007 15:27:52 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

Dream on, dude. PIck one: Near a developed area, or cheap.
Greetings,
If you are looking for a trailer cheap try to find one which is in poor shape. Often people have to pay to remove them from their land! Spend an entire day calling mobile home parks near where you might be interested in living and attempt to find something both cheap and fixable. As for the land you might try looking at ebay. I don't have as many answers for you there.
GOOD LUCK!
On Jan 24, 6:27 pm, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

Real estate agents work on commission and $2000 sales are not worth their time to make $60. Pick a town. Find out if they have a local "shopper guide" newspaper and get a copy. It may have some ads selling what you want, but you can place an ad cheap or even free in the "want to buy" section.
Biggest problem I see in internet access. Cheap land is often a distance from town in less populated areas so it my be difficult getting DSL or Cable at you place.
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net says...

homes listed (realtor.com) in Rochester, NY. Perhaps the OP should find an equivalent city (local economy turned to shite) in the west, perhaps one with a large military base that?s been ?consolidated?.
--
Keith

I would NEVER move to New York State.
It may be a great place if you're a welfare recipient, but it's hell if you're a working taxpayer.
<rj>
snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com says...

I wouldn?t either. The point was to look at cities where the local businesses went tits up.

There *are* worse welfare and higher taxed states.
--
Keith

You just have to get out and beat the bushes. Travel around. See what's out there.
Five years ago, I bought 2.07 acres in Mojave County, Arizona for $600. It has nothing. No water, electricity, just snakes and rocks. Development is headed that way now, and I just refused $7,000 for it.
You can find such land in such areas, but you would have to travel around a lot, get lucky, and find someone who wants to dump the land. All the old farmers and locals are quickly becoming savvy now, and selling for higher prices, but there are still lots and lots of good deals out there to be had. You just have to get out and be able to travel and look around.
As stated, you will probably find something on the local bulletin board of some small town, or in some small town newspaper or QuickQuarter Shopper than advertised in a newspaper or in a MLS system.
Steve
message

I'd start, by putting what you are looking for in the subject of your post.
On 24 Jan 2007 15:27:52 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

Real Estate Agents make a percentage of the final price, so they tend to direct people to higher priced homes/land. I would guess narrowing down the area you want to move to, and then start there. You might find a big farm that will be wiling to sell you a small part.
Just a guess....
tom @ www.BlankHelp.com