how do i clean a metal roof?

have a metal roof on shed an would like to clean the black algae......will phosphate free tsp work ok?
Carefully, wet metal is slippery.
buckwheat wrote:

I doubt it. A quart of bleach in a gallon of water should kill it; once dead, mayve broom it off?
--

dadiOH
On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 2:58:43 PM UTC-4, dadiOH wrote:

dont walk on roof, use brush on a long pole, with detergent and minimal bleach since strong bleach can damage paint
On 4/16/2015 1:58 PM, dadiOH wrote:

That is literally overkill. A 10:1 ratio is all you need, and it won't burn your skin or pull color from your clothes if you spill it.
On 4/16/2015 2:58 PM, dadiOH wrote:

I've found bleach and water (half and half) worked on a friend's roof to kill the moss.

A roofer friend of mine, a personal buddy reports he LOVES people who blech roofs.........
it causes damage and leads to early replacement