How do I blow the fuse?

The project is to disconnect the wires from the breaker because the stove has been removed and I do not like to have hot wires dangling around.

Reply to
Walter R.

Only after turning off the main breaker ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

You'll find that when Poop is challenged regarding his replies he tends to disappear from the thread.

Reply to
G Henslee

Pop wrote: ....

SHEESH!!! When was the last time you had a radio that plugged into a range outlet????

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Pop ain't shit, he's just Poop.

Reply to
G Henslee

Sheesh, what a lot of vareity in answers. If this is a one-up thing, plug in a radio there, turn it up so you can hear it at breaker panel, and starting turning off then on breakers until you find the one that turns the radio off and back on. When you find it, turn it off when you work on the ckt. Be CERTAIN the ckt is dead before you touch anything.

Realize electricity is very dangerous; get a fix on the basics before you handle wiring; be absolutely certain it is DEAD, has no power. And that no one can turn it back on until you're ready, if that's a possiblity. Electricity kills/maims quickly.

You didn't mention whether this is a 120 or a 220 ctk or even what country it's in. Methods differ.

HTH,

Pop

Reply to
Pop

We've been through all this (about three times over) in this thread already. :(

Virtually every possibility was advanced at some time during the (seemingly interminable) pontificating...a late add-in where the same answer had already been supplied multiple times somehow didn't seem all that fruitful...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

There are degrees Dan.

Who ever heard of "man i really gotta take a poop"? or "wow, that scared the poop outa me"? or "hey, you're full of poop"? or "oh poop, i'm late for a meeting"?

degrees.

Reply to
G Henslee

I don't know, that sounds awfoolly dangerous...what's going to happen to all them 'lectrons coming outta' that other side when/if I do that? I'm thinking if I wear rubber-soled tennies I just be ok, though????

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

What I would do will be to cut a foot of 14-2, Only use black and white, then strip off both ends. Connect them to the radio plug, wrap w/ tape. Then plug the black wire to one of hots, and neutral to the neutral in the outlet.

Reply to
test

Well, I don't know about you, but I have a completely new idea. What I would do will be to cut a foot of 14-2, Only use black and white, then strip off both ends. Connect them to the radio plug, wrap w/ tape. Then plug the black wire to one of hots, and neutral to the neutral in the outlet.

Glad to be of service to you.

Reply to
Mark

But isn't poop a form of shit?

If A = B, and B = C, then A = C.

Reply to
Dan C

OK, this is true. How about if I just cut a foot of 14-2, Only use black and white, then strip off both ends. Connect them to the radio plug, wrap w/ tape. Then plug the black wire to one of hots, and neutral to the neutral in the outlet.

Perhaps this would be better?

(ohwha-tagoo-siam)

Reply to
Mark

What's the C for? Corn?

Reply to
Mark

I had TWO radios that plugged in to range outlets. I oneupped you?

Like you say, a radio that plugs into a range outlet sure would be an odd device. I've never considered that one exists, much less had two.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Pop, you don't sound very familiar with electric. What are the odds of a 110 volt range socket, using #6 wire, if the outlet has red and black power wires?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sorry for the OT post, but the subject line made me think of this:

"Chimp in bar telling penguin joke"

DJ

Reply to
DJ

I am not sure but this page on the Radio Shack web site might include it:

John_B

(Because it's been a month since this post was posted, I "quote" the whole history that *this* post had.)

But that scheme requires that you sequentually, randomly, or with some good guessing, do this for each circuit-breaker, ie turn if off, do test, then turn back on --

you must first turn off all computers and similar devices, else you can blow the hard-disks, especially those that were being written-to when you switched off "its" breaker.

The prior-prior post's suggestion of the (more expensive) RS 2-part device sure sounds simple, even foolproof!

Having never seen such a device, please tell me, is that true?

What's the downside of that clever-sounding device?

(Before I go off and *buy* one!)

David

Reply to
David Combs