How do I blow the fuse?

Page 2 of 2
Doug Miller wrote:

Hi, Hmmm, No labels listing which braker is for which circuit? I don't understand. Every single house I have built/lived had clearly marked label on the panel. Tony

This is Turtle.
i don't think this will be too bad but turn on one burner on the stove on to and have some one watch the light at the knob to see it go out when you flip all the double breakers to see which one it is. go slowly and when you get the one that goes to the stove the burner on light will go out and that is the breaker.
Now you do know it will be a double breaker and not a single breaker that cuts it off.
TURTLE
Milligan can tell you how to blow just about anything you wish.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
The project is to disconnect the wires from the breaker because the stove has been removed and I do not like to have hot wires dangling around.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Sheesh, what a lot of vareity in answers. If this is a one-up thing, plug in a radio there, turn it up so you can hear it at breaker panel, and starting turning off then on breakers until you find the one that turns the radio off and back on. When you find it, turn it off when you work on the ckt. Be CERTAIN the ckt is dead before you touch anything.
Realize electricity is very dangerous; get a fix on the basics before you handle wiring; be absolutely certain it is DEAD, has no power. And that no one can turn it back on until you're ready, if that's a possiblity. Electricity kills/maims quickly.
You didn't mention whether this is a 120 or a 220 ctk or even what country it's in. Methods differ.
HTH,
Pop
Pop wrote: ....

SHEESH!!! When was the last time you had a radio that plugged into a range outlet????
Duane Bozarth wrote:

You'll find that when Poop is challenged regarding his replies he tends to disappear from the thread.

What I would do will be to cut a foot of 14-2, Only use black and white, then strip off both ends. Connect them to the radio plug, wrap w/ tape. Then plug the black wire to one of hots, and neutral to the neutral in the outlet.
test wrote:

We've been through all this (about three times over) in this thread already. :(
Virtually every possibility was advanced at some time during the (seemingly interminable) pontificating...a late add-in where the same answer had already been supplied multiple times somehow didn't seem all that fruitful...

Well, I don't know about you, but I have a completely new idea. What I would do will be to cut a foot of 14-2, Only use black and white, then strip off both ends. Connect them to the radio plug, wrap w/ tape. Then plug the black wire to one of hots, and neutral to the neutral in the outlet.
Glad to be of service to you.
Mark wrote:

I don't know, that sounds awfoolly dangerous...what's going to happen to all them 'lectrons coming outta' that other side when/if I do that? I'm thinking if I wear rubber-soled tennies I just <might> be ok, though????

OK, this is true. How about if I just cut a foot of 14-2, Only use black and white, then strip off both ends. Connect them to the radio plug, wrap w/ tape. Then plug the black wire to one of hots, and neutral to the neutral in the outlet.
Perhaps this would be better?
(ohwha-tagoo-siam)
I had TWO radios that plugged in to range outlets. I oneupped you?
Like you say, a radio that plugs into a range outlet sure would be an odd device. I've never considered that one exists, much less had two.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Pop ain't shit, he's just Poop.
Dan C wrote:

There are degrees Dan.
Who ever heard of "man i really gotta take a poop"? or "wow, that scared the poop outa me"? or "hey, you're full of poop"? or "oh poop, i'm late for a meeting"?
degrees.
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:52:50 -0700, G Henslee wrote:

But isn't poop a form of shit?
If A = B, and B = C, then A = C.
Linux Registered User #327951

What's the C for? Corn?