How can I bring back shine to Stainless Steel Sink?

My SS sink is far from stainless anymore. It was a cheap BOTL Home Depot special. Is there a way to bring back some of the shine? Any miracle product that works? Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Before you try the industrial strength pipe-eating chemicals, try making a paste with some baking soda, dish soap, and a little water. Scrub with a brush. Rinse & repeat if needed.

Some people swear by Barkeepers Friend. I use just plain old Comet cleanser. It will never shine like brand new, but you can get close.

website, but it's apparently not sold here anymore (Connecticut). http://www.cometcleanser.com/where.htm

Sure is, I'm in Putnam. Wal Mart, Stop & Shop, Price Chopper, Hannaford's, BJ's, just to name a few. I just bought a half dozen cans for work yesterday.

Comet, it makes your teeth turn green. Comet, it tastes like gasoline, ...

Who puts that stuff in their MOUTH? It AINT toothpaste. ;-}
BTW,The oxalic acid in Barkeeper's Friend helps with stains.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

So, can you use Barkeeper's Friend in your mouth?

Hardware stores carry a tin can of polishing wadding called "Never-Dull". It will do a very good job on your sink.
CWM
But, But! What about my TEETH?????

Try it, and let us know!
CWM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Barkeepers Friend is amazing, does wonders for SS and copper. Never tried to polish a scratched sink before but it makes the pots & pans shiny.

Reed his first,
http://www.delstar.com/polishing.htm
Polish in the direction of the grain only. Look close. It's probably left-right as your facing the sink.
-zero
I assume (yea, I know) that you have a brush finished sink. This finish is accomplished with these: <http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserver.dyn?6666660Zjcf6lVs6EVs6661XTCOrrrrQ-
Get a green and a purple. The green will probably give you the finish you want.
______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Once you get the sink thoroughly clean with one of the previous suggestions, try polishing it with vegetable oil (plain old corn oil or whatever). I have older SS sinks, and that makes them shine more than any of the MANY other things I've tried.
Jo Ann
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

On 12 Sep 2006 16:09:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

A garage or metal workshop will find one of those waterless hand cleaner pastes. It has a powerful but non corrosive non toxic solvent plus a mild abrasive in powdered pumice. I find it excellent for cleaning bath tiles, the bath, cultured marble sinks and the kitchen sink plus a lot else. This includes restoring grungy plastic items. You don't even require gloves .