House wiring question.

For some reason, people usually leave that bit out. They seem to consider "you don't have to" to mean "DON'T". Mark Lloyd

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-- George Washington

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I think the regulations restrict the number of "devices" in a box, but I don't know if wire nuts are considered to be a "device".

Reply to
mgkelson

No.

Reply to
Doug Miller

You are talking about number of conductors. No? Wire nuts don't count. It is based on the volume of the box.

Reply to
Terry

But they do take up space. "Spec Grade" receptacles with the screw-tightened back wire ports are your friends.

going off on a tangent, does anyone make "spec grade" Decora style receps in the 15A flavor? Only ones I've seen are 20A, which is nice for the kitchen, laundry, etc. but that doesn't help elsewhere...

Left to my own devices (heh) I would have just bought spec grade regular stuff in plain old ivory, but the home decor dept. has mandated white Decora devices.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

You can get the specification grade Decora devices at an electrical supply house. Call and ask if they stock Leviton Catalog #: 16252-W.

Reply to
Tom Horne, Electrician

I prefer white. That "ivory" appears perpetually dirty, since that's the color of dirt.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd