House wiring question.

Page 2 of 2

Terry wrote:

But they do take up space. "Spec Grade" receptacles with the screw-tightened back wire ports are your friends.
going off on a tangent, does anyone make "spec grade" Decora style receps in the 15A flavor? Only ones I've seen are 20A, which is nice for the kitchen, laundry, etc. but that doesn't help elsewhere...
Left to my own devices (heh) I would have just bought spec grade regular stuff in plain old ivory, but the home decor dept. has mandated white Decora devices.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

You can get the specification grade Decora devices at an electrical supply house. Call and ask if they stock Leviton Catalog #: 16252-W.
--
Tom Horne

I prefer white. That "ivory" appears perpetually dirty, since that's the color of dirt.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Ook" <Ook Don\'t send me any freakin\' spam at zootal dot com delete the
"Ook" <Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam> wrote in message

longer one on the outlet.
Toller wrote:

That's what I use too. They have the little metal crimp widgets that look like a small barrel. I leave one ground a lot longer, twist them all together, slide the crimp barrel thing over them and crimp.
You can't put them on the same screw, you can attach both wires to the box, then use a self grounding outlet, or you can splice the two wires together, using an approved method, then attach one to the receptacle. You can not just twist the two wires together, cut one short and attach it to the outlet, some mechanical means must be used to maintain continuity between the ground wires