House cleaning / Webs on the walls

I have to clean out a house thats set vacant for several years. I was rather shocked by the amount of webs on the walls. I did not use the words "Spider web", because I have not seen one spider in there. I have always wondered where they all come from. Are there really that many spiders in vacant houses (or occupied homes which are not cleaned regularly), or do these webs form from dust in the air, or something else?

Reply to
Paintedcow

to find out, you need a 'web' cam

Reply to
jimbo

I've heard it said that you're never more than about five feet away from a spider. Some say three. Actually it really depends where you are, and I don't think cleaning really helps that much.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Nice!

Reply to