HotPoint cooking range: burner not getting heated up

Hi, My hotpoint range is ~ 3.5 years old. This morning the burners just stopped getting heated up.
I noticed that the clock was not displaying. It usually happens when there is a power outage. I checked the power and it was ok. I turned the unit ON and then the clock was flashing(as if power came back, and it is waiting for me to reset the clock) The red indicator light also turns ON, but none of the coils get heated up nor does the oven unit below. I left it on for a while but the burners never got heated up.
I know it is not a fuse or power issue since the indicator light does come up.
Not sure where to start troubleshooting or what kind of electrician to call.... Please share any experience you have with this. Thanks, Raj
assuming electric range it may still be power issue...
one side of power line out no 240 volt just 120 for clock............
if just one burner quit switch or burnewr but since they all quit together probably power line.
how handy are you?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

None, I am a full time mom and no handy knowledge :( Neither my husband has a clue.
All the burners stopped working at same time. When it is in OFF position, there seems to be no power (clock is off) When I turn it on, clock starts flashing (so clock gets the power only on turning the range ON) But burners still do not get the power... ? Would it be expensive to call a hot point technician and what my options are? Thanks.
try resetting breaker for stove it should be a double pole one.
it is probably partially tripped
go try the main breaker box
http://www.actionservco.com/listings/110.html#Ranges%20&%20Oven%20Chart
--
Have a Great Week !

Check Winter Haven\'s Current Weather
On 26 Aug 2006 17:05:35 -0700, rajsre snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Make sure BOTH sides of the 240V supply are working. The electronics will work from one (120V), the heating elements take both. I had a similar problem with a dryer. The motor would work but not the heater.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
rajsre snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi, Just to e sure, reset breaker and check all the fuses. Visual check is not enough, use a meter.