hot water question

Hi all, I have a question/problem. Lately, we're noticing, the hot water in this house starts out like it always did, hot, good pressure, but as time goes on, say, as we take showers and all, the pressure goes down slowly and the water keeps cooling until we have the hot water cranked all the way and the water's barely warm. It was just in the upstairs but now it's going downstairs, it's after maybe a 10 minute shower. This didn't happen before it started recently, is there anything we should check? The water is heated by the furnace, There is no tank, or if there is it's sure hidden well, is there something we should check? or try? or is this system gone and we have to cough up more money to fix this house. I say that because it seems over the last couple years everything's going wrong. Any help is appreciated, TIA

If you lose pressure while your showering, AND don't at other faucets, look for a washer that's expanding as it gets hotter - I had a shower faucet that used to do that.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

What do you mean by lately? Have you been living in this house for many years, or recently moved in? If this is your first winter in the house, it's very likely that your boiler did a fine job of heating your shower water when it didn't also have to heat the water for your radiators at the same time. If this is the case post back for some suggestions.

Reply to
Marilyn and Bob

No, I've lived here for 10 years now and this is the first time it's happened, it's not even cold out lately so the furnace isn't running hard. This is a new problem, like with in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Some times I'd notice a slight drop off in the very cold of mid winter, but that's below 0 weather, lately, it's been in the 40s around here so the furnace isn't even running very hard, I'm concerned that when it does get cold out though, if there is something wrong that that might be the end, or if it's fixable, I won't worry much about it and will fix it or get it fixed anyway.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marilyn and Bob" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.please

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 10:02 PM Subject: Re: hot water question

this is Turtle.

You need to have your heating system checked out for not having heat when it does go to zero and having hot water for baths is going to be a very small problem when you have no heat in your home.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE