Hot water heater temperature dial

Hi,

I have a 40 gallon tank that seems to run out of hot water intermittantly. When I go to check it, all I have to do is turn the temperature dial a hair to the right (and then I turn it back) and the heater kicks on instantly giving us hot water again in about an hour or so. I'm baffled. Any suggestions.

Thanks much,

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Once in a while, the control on those heaters will get "sticky" and not respond properly. If that's the case, the only fix is to replace the control. They're pricey so you'll want to weigh replacement against a new heater if it has a lot of miles on it.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Why would you want to heat hot water???

Reply to
Oscar_lives

Hi Oscar_lives, hope you are having a nice day

On 02-Sep-03 At About 21:39:15, Oscar_lives wrote to All Subject: Re: Hot water heater temperature dial

O> From: "Oscar_lives"

O> Why would you want to heat hot water???

Because it isn't hot enough yet.

-=> HvacTech2