Hot Compressor on Kenmore Dehumidifier kicks off in 5 minutes

This unit has a clean filter and coil, with no kinks in the refrig lines. The coil cools to about 48 degrees F. The compressor however, heats up to 145F and shuts down. The overheat switch on the compressor remains closed so something else is causing the shut down. I checked another dehumidifier and the compressor was running at a constant 104F. If I remember correctly, high temps mean low freon. Any suggestions? Is it fixable?
Low freon, or dirty condensor. Try giving the unit a thorough cleaning. Let us know if the problem continues.
Low freon is possible, as the unit uses the freon to help carry the heat away from the compressor. Might be dirty and not be obvious that the coils are dirty.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mor mon wrote:

Low Voltage??? Power Co. brownout? Are you using the proper size extension cord?