Honeywell Thermostat Chronotherm IV Plus Battery Problem

I just bought a new house and have a Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus battery replacement flashing in the screen. Problem is I cannot figure out where and how to get to the batteries. Can someone please tell me in laymans terms what I need to do to replace the batteries. What needs removed etc. Thanks in advance.
hoosierboy wrote:

It has bottom half swing down door to get at buttons, right? Close the door. Now you have to pull out the control panel which is clipped onto base. Grasp the panel with both hands and gently pull/swing up/ It'll come off. Replace batteries and do the revers to put the panel back. And check the time and program setting in case it is disturbed(very unlikely) If you go to Honeywell web site, you can download manual. Good luck,